Monday, May 5, 2008

Goldfish

I have been wondering for a long time, why do Goldfish (crackers) smile when they know you are going to be eaten?? They are my favorite snack other, but they really confuse me. It's like they are saying, "I am happy you are eating me, my life is going to be over and your hunger will be satisfied." I guess that is a good thing though. People probably wouldn't want to eat them if they were frowning. I don't know if I would want to eat depressed little fishies. I think they should just be faceless. Their other problem is that they are addictive.... I honestly will start eating them and not realise how much I have eaten of them until I notice the bag is noticeably lighter. It's kinda depressing. Hahaha oh well I guess. I can't deny the yummy deliciousness....

2 comments:

mrbilljr said...

I don't think they are being honest with the goldfish when they put them in the bag. I think they tell them they are going on vacation or something, so they are all happy. They don't realize that something is amiss until you pop them into your mouth. I tried popping one in my mouth, waiting long enough for them to realize their impending doom and thus have a huge frown on their face, and then spitting it out back really quickly to check. Problem is, I think it was so happy to be back out of my mouth that it was smiling again! Next step: install a small camera mounted to one of my teeth with a little light on it so I can see what's going on in there.

Whitney said...

I love goldfish. Maybe they are happy because they are doing a selfless thing, by making your hunger disappear? Maybe they like the self sacrifice? I think they are crazy, but hey, they also make me happy. Mmmm, Goldfish...