Friday, May 9, 2008

Guitar

So I've always wanted to learn guitar right? Well, I think I am starting to get a little obsessed with the idea haha. I got a guitar I think about two years ago, but I have not had the time or patience yet to actually sit down and play it. I am getting really close to that point though, by the end of the summer my goal is to be able to play somewhat good.

I have tried to start learning how to play before... it never works out though. I get those nasty callouses on the tips of my fingers that really hurt. And then the tips of my fingers are really sore for a week. I also try to play music that is too hard for me, so the next time I try learning I am going to try with easier music. So far though I keep running into roadbumps.

I really do think that I am starting to get a little obsessed with the idea though. Last night I had a dream that John Mayer (my guitar hero) decided for some random reason that he wanted to teach me how to play the guitar. I was so so psyched! He is my favorite chill music musician, and is actually my favorite musician. But enough about John Mayer.

I want to be a musician when I grow up. I was T.A.ing in choir today, and the teacher had me kind of judicate their songs. I had fun. I really want to learn how to play guitar though so that I can sing and play guitar.

One of my really good friends decided that she also wants to learn to play guitar, and then we decided we would play together! I am pretty excited about.

Hopefully it all works out. :)

1 comment:

Whitney said...

That's awesome you want to play guitar. You know Will is self-taught, too? Yeah, maybe he could give you some pointers? :) That would be such a cool thing to learn to do. I tried it, for about two days. Ha ha